Friday, February 27, 2009

Slosh


This is probably what I looked like yesterday.
Incase you didn't already know, in which case I would be mad, that's my dog Zy.
But yesterday I was pretty much that deep in water. Not just any water. Lake Callemondah water.
I know. Ew.
And no. My mind didn't just spontaniously combust and made me jump in the nearest possibly-nuclear-waste-infested lake. Or at least I don't think so.
We were there strictly on business.
Multistrand business. We had to have an excursion to collect samples from the lake for analysis so that we could do our assignments. So we donned the marshmallow-print gumboots (or at least I did) and went at it.
Here's what happened:
Shannae and Bec caught a fish, (or 'saved' it) and named it Eugene. Eugene lives a happy life with the bus driver now.
Cheanna and Bec completely ruined their shoes. What the heck did they really expect?
We intimidated a bunch of year 9 state kids who were canoing nearby by making a huge line and rythmically pelvic thrusted eachother for about a minute.
AND probably most memorably, I decided to go get a water lily for Mrs Shahgholi. It started as an innocent thing, my pants didn't even get wet on my first attempt. Then I realised that I would have to go deeper. Rolled the pants up. And again. Then went in further.
My pants got wet because I sank down into the mud. At this point everyone was in hysterics behind me and I didn't care much about the dryness of my pants anymore. So I went in hardcore. Up to my ribcage in water. I got the fucker. And they got a video of me sinking into the stinking lake.
Everybody wins.
So I had to dry in the sun for a while and made our class a nice graffit-plaque on one of the flat rocks.
It was smelly. It was disgusting. It was hilarious.

No comments: